Where are we now?
- Examen: We look at how God has been active in the world, in our mission and in the activities that we have undertaken. All is from his inspiration.
- Understanding the Mission: The mission acts as a compass. We want to bring the reconciliation of the Gospel, the justice of the kingdom and to help people to get to know Jesus Christ in a personal and passionate way.
- Research the Context: Examine the internal strengths and weaknesses as well as external opportunities and threats.
Where do we want to be?
- Analysis: Evaluation of the information collected.
- Choosing Apostolic Priorities: Based on this research and evaluation we decide on apostolic priorities. These should be focused and not too general.
- Specific Objectives: Specific objectives are the concrete things to be achieved in order to implement the apostolic priority.
How will we get there?
- Plan of action: Each objective should have a plan that details how it will be achieved.
- Resources: We need to put resources in place in order to achieve the plan of action.
- Monitoring: Build in procedures for monitoring and for modifying strategies based on changes in the external or internal environment.
- Communication: Communication of the apostolic plan gets people on board and helps implementation.
“What I consider most important is that each Conference, Province and Region, initiate or continue a process of discerning how or to what extent its institutions are related to its Apostolic Plan, a plan that identifies the goals, priorities and resources for service that a Province or Region contributes to the Missio Dei” – Fr. Adolfo Nicloas SJ, Apostolic Institutions at the Service of Mission, 2014/01