St. Xavier’s College, Burdwan, celebrated the Ignatian year on the 20th May 2021, to commemorate the 500th Anniversary of an experience that transformed Ignatius of Loyola forever. The Collegians with their creative way assisted the college administration to celebrate this day more appropriately and suitably. They started the program at 11.00 am and culminated at 12.00 noon. It was live telecasted by Zoom, where 387 students of our college joined and paid homage to St. Ignatius, the founder of the Society of Jesus. The program consisted of, introduction to St. Ignatius and a brief note about the day, a prayer service, a short video presentation of St. Ignatius, and finally concluded the program with a hymn, the Noble Night. It was indeed a moment of kairos. The faculty members and students noted that they were proud to be part and parcel of this great Jesuit tradition and vouched to commit themselves to imbibe the spirit of Ignatius as we have initiated this anniversary. They have assured their prayers and supports in the coming days to bring this day to fruition.
- Fr. Stan Swamy was jailed and denied justice based on fabricated Evidence; hopeful to affirm innocence, the Forensic Report reveals
- Br. Michael Schöpf SJ appointed new JRS International Director
- SAAJN / Issue 6 / July 2020
- COVID-19: Discerning a path to God
- Promoting a genuine culture of hospitality and solidarity